In the midst of the holiday hustle, I want us to consider how we can collect moments of calm like a kid catching snowflakes on her outstretched mitten. These precious pauses allow us to navigate the season with a little more grace, ease, and delight. Could we collectively decide not to succumb to the frenzy this year and instead allow the holidays shine with meaning, joy, and peace?
In fact, as we approach Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, let’s explore ways to reclaim pockets of peace in our busy lives. I’ll even break it down by day part so you can figure out what works best for you.y.
- Early Morning Moments for the early risers:
- Step outside with a cup of coffee, gaze at the stars, or light a single candle for a moment of reflection.
- Use this time for prayer, intention-setting, or journaling to connect with something greater than yourself.
- Mid-day Break to recharge:
- Borrow my “tea time” ritual (substitute any beverage) to create a peaceful pause in the middle of your day.
- Explore using a 5-minute meditation to ground yourself amidst the chaos.
- End-of-Day Wind Down:
- Use soft lighting—candles, tree lights, or fairy lights—to create a serene atmosphere.
- Step outside to appreciate the stars in the night sky and regain a sense of perspective.
As we enter the final days of holiday preparation, I hope you’ll fully savor the experience with your loved ones. Stay connected to the energy that keeps you buoyant and settle into all the goodness the season has to offer. There will be plenty of time for resolutions and plans in the new year, but for now, let’s be fully present and give ourselves the gift of a brilliant holiday!