When summer begins for your kids, not much changes for YOU in terms of work life and rhythm, especially if you’re a working mom.
Meanwhile your kids are clamoring for even more attention and care than during the school year.
As a working mom, summer is the time when kids’ lives change pretty dramatically; their rhythm and daily structures are entirely different but yours aren’t.
You still have to wake up early, go to bed on time and give them the attention and care they need to make the summer a memorable one.
And that can be exhausting.
So what do you do when they have a summer but you don’t? And how can you and your kids have an amazing summer break even if you have to work full-time?
In this episode, you’ll learn how to create a summer schedule that helps you maximize time with your kids even if you work full-time. You’ll also learn how to have an amazing summer break along with your children.
Show Highlights Include:
- 4 strategies to adjust to your kids’ summer so you can make enough time for them (even if you work full-time) (4:14)
- Why you might shift your waking and sleeping hours to align with the ‘summer hours’ schedule. (5:27)
- How to take the stress of housework off yourself and get more help at home with in-house internships. (7:25)
- Why you shouldn’t stick to a stiff, regimented schedule throughout the summer (and how even boredom builds your kids’ creativity). (14:23)
- The ‘mom-guilt’ keeping you from having a great summer (and the simple mindset shift that will help you enjoy it). (16:33)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057