When a relationship begins it’s exciting and new; but when the honeymoon is over and you add children into the mix, the pressures of parenting can take its toll on your relationship.
Today we are joined by Figs O’Sullivan, a licensed Family and Marriage Therapist and founder of Empathi who has made it his life’s mission to help couples become more connected.
In today’s episode, we’ll discuss the two main types of people in every relationship, how parenting has affected your marriage, and how you can balance kids and your spouse to maintain healthy and happy relationships.
Show highlights include:
- How to turn your own pain into your power (10:50)
- How you are biologically driven to find a relationship and how that drive could be harming your significant other (14:13)
- How you’re acting like a baby in your relationship and why that’s ok (18:51)
- The two main types of people in every relationship and how they hurt each other and don’t even realize it. Which one are you? (20:11)
- Why fighting with your spouse is a good thing! (24:02)
- The one thing you must have before you can have a loving and connected relationship (27:50)
- Why your solutions won’t work and how to find something that will (28:11)
- How shifting this one view can completely change your world (31:26)
Take the Relationship Assessment Quiz at https://empathi.com/pre-quiz
Check out the Conflict Solution Course at https://courses.empathi.com/courses/the-conflict-solution-empathi-exclusive?ref=fca763 Use code BEBRILLIANT for a 50% discount!
Follow Figs on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fiachrafigs/
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group:
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work:
Find out more about Brilliant Balance Breakthrough: