Relaxing is an important, objectively beneficial activity to the human body.
But most of us can’t take a proper break without feeling guilty. Somehow it always feels like there is something we’ve missed that needs to be done…urgently.
That’s why we have to learn how to make the time to unwind and hold that time as sacred.
You can’t do this until you unhook from a few false beliefs you might have about relaxing. These beliefs are things we tell ourselves that keep us from enjoying leisure time without feeling guilty.
It’s not your fault. These beliefs are lodged firmly in us by messages we’ve absorbed over the years. Eventually, we start to believe them as the truth.
If you’re having a hard time relaxing, I want you to think about your relationship with these messages and how they might be affecting you.
In this episode, you’ll learn what they are and how you’ve absorbed them over time. You’ll also learn how you can reprogram your mind with more helpful messages, so you can enjoy more fulfilling and rewarding leisure experiences.
Show Highlights Include:
- 7 messages you may have absorbed that deny you proper relaxation (and how to reprogram your mind to get rid of them). (5:33)
- Why being constantly busy is viewed as a status symbol (and how this affects your ability to relax). (5:43)
- A harmful core belief you might have that makes you unable to accept help from anyone else. (7:26)
- The wide-spread ‘self-soothing’ coping mechanism among women that stops them from relaxing (and how to create your own tolerance against it). (8:37)
- Why you run a huge risk if you tie your self worth to productivity. (10:30)
- How your definition of leisure might be hindering you from being able to take a satisfying break (and what it should be instead). (13:43)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057