As you get older, you start experiencing a range of mental and physical changes. Whether it’s a little extra weight you’ve never noticed before or a transition into menopause, it can become stressful when you don’t know what’s natural and what’s in your control.
But if you understand how to nurture your mind and body throughout the years, life only feels more youthful.
In this episode, women’s health professional Dr. Diane Downing shares the self-care practices you can use for aging gracefully and how to find more freedom, wisdom, and happiness in the years ahead.
Show highlights include:
- The ‘Canyon Ranch’ philosophy for being the healthiest you—no matter what your age is (6:09)
- Why setting boundaries and telling people ‘no’ is the first step to embracing your age (12:57)
- How to turn off your brain at night and get the sleep that promotes your immune system and revitalizes your energy (17:27 )
- How to find pleasure in the practices that are good for your mind, body, and spirit, and stop normalizing the stress you feel about the future (21:29)
- What native cultures reveal about the beauty of aging—and why each year brings you more wisdom and freedom (30:34)
***FREE RESOURCES & SOCIAL LINKS***
Need a few mini moments of peace right about now? Listen to our free 5 Minute Meditation for Working Moms: https://brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Book Cherylanne to speak at your next event: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/speaker
Not sure where to start? Book a free chat: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057
Learn more about Canyon Ranch: https://www.canyonranch.com