The holidays are almost here. It’s tempting to get lost in everything holiday-related, especially after the year we’ve had. Spending boatloads of time and money can provide a temporary reprieve from the stress of our normal lives.
But while it feels good in the moment, going overboard for the holidays can have lasting financial and emotional consequences.
In this episode, I discuss common areas of holiday excess and strategies you can use right away to overcome the guilt of overindulgence while still enjoying yourself.
Show highlights include:
- 4 words that give you guidance and perspective on all your holiday decisions (2:35)
- Three areas where overindulgence can ruin your holidays (3:34)
- The low-tech “Circle Method” for managing your time during the holiday season so you don’t burn out and start resenting your family (5:37)
- The secret to eliminating meaningless traditions that stress you out (and no one really cares about) (7:48)
- The “2 and 2 Framework” for avoiding the morning after effect of overconsumption during holiday events (11:57)
- 4 thoughtful ways to avoid debt and clutter from overgifting (12:23)
Balance the hustle and bustle of the holiday season with our master holiday plan. Visit: https://brilliant-balance.com/holiday
Follow our new The Brilliant Balance Company Facebook page:
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work and The Brilliant Balance Company:
Find out more about Breakthrough: