The whole world has been abuzz about one movie for the past several weeks.
My entire team has been talking to me about it, my friends have been chattering about it, and my kids couldn’t wait to see it, so I finally got myself to a theater to see what the hype was about!
And it was a beautifully produced, impressive movie.
I wasn’t necessarily blown away in the theater, but after breaking it down more “book club style” with a few people, I realized Greta Gerwig (the director) is a genius. The level of sophistication with which she threaded important messages into this movie was next level.
Today I’ll reveal three insights I picked up from the Barbie movie. See if they help you out here in the real world.
Show Highlights Include:
- The striking similarity between Barbie’s growth and the evolution of women over the years. (6:18)
- America Ferrera’s exceptional monologue (and how it encapsulates the struggles of the average woman in today’s society) (7:47)
- How you might make the mistake of giving away agency and control over your life (and Barbie’s advice on how to seize it back). (9:43)
- A priceless resource you can use to navigate difficult areas in your life and leverage to accelerate your progress. (14:54)
- How the Barbie movie brilliantly uses satire to pass across these hidden messages and analogies. (16:38)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057