Midlife is not always an easy time for women.
And when you combine this season with the mental and physical effects of menopause and perimenopause that affect women during the very same time, it can be exhausting.
Unfortunately, women are often dismissed by healthcare providers, and can have most of their symptoms written off as hormonal or superficial.
As a result, there are a lot of questions and confusion around perimenopause, menopause, and women’s health in general. We need an expert voice in the mix.
Enter Dr. Lisa Larkin.
Lisa specializes in women’s health, cancer survivorship, menopause management, female sexual health, and women’s cardiovascular diseases. She graduated from Yale School of Medicine and has held various prestigious medical positions since then before returning to private practice.
She’s perfectly very qualified to answer questions on perimenopause, menopause, and the health challenges women face around midlife.
Which is exactly what we do today.
In this episode, you’ll discover the difference between the perimenopausal and menopausal effects on women’s health, what you can do about it, and what you should watch out for at this stage of life.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why midlife and menopausal women don’t receive enough attention from the healthcare system (and who they can turn to in their trying times). (10:40)
- A huge problem with women’s health in the social media space. (13:26)
- The symptoms of, and difference between, menopause and perimenopause (and how to know which one you’re experiencing) (14:39)
- Why it’s important to educate men about women’s health and aging. (19:18)
- Why hormones won’t fix all your menopausal symptoms (and the overlooked culprit of huge changes in your body) (23:25)
- Why your hormone levels are an inaccurate representation of your menopausal status (and how to accurately know if you’re in menopause or perimenopause). (28:05)
- How oral contraceptives can be used to treat symptoms. (32:47)
- Why this 20-year age range can affect how long you live (and lifestyle practices you should implement to improve your health). (39:35)
For Dr. Lisa Larkin’s practice including telehealth: https://lisalarkinmd.com
For a list of NCMP Physicians: https://menopause.org
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: http://www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057