How can we be lonely when we always seem to be so busy and surrounded by other people? We’re constantly at work, on zoom calls, in our homes with children running around, running errands, watching sporting events, and generally living our lives out in the world…and yet, we’re isolated. How on earth does that happen?
It’s because feeling lonely doesn’t necessarily mean being alone.
Loneliness is a state of mind that occurs when there’s a disconnect between our need for human connection and our actual level of connection with the people around us.
So how do we get out of this lonely state and foster deeper connections with people around us?
In this episode, I’ll share with you the questions to ask yourself if you want to build stronger relationships with the people who matter to you.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why we don’t easily recognize when we’re lonely (and how to realize and pull ourselves out of that hole of loneliness). (04:40)
- The right questions you can ask yourself to forge more meaningful relationships with your loved ones. (06:28)
- A 3-part formula you can use to foster deeper connection and increase the ‘connective tissue’ in your relationships. (08:33)
- The eye-contact rule for forming higher quality connections with your loved ones. (09:24)
- How to get beyond cliched small talk and into proper conversation and build an even deeper connection. (10:40)
- How to use shared activities to take pressure off conversations and make it easier to advance the relationship to a place of real comfort. (14:00)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: https://brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: https://brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: https://brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057