Episode #13 – Exhausted? Put down the coffee and try this.
Most of us are misdiagnosing our exhaustion. We feel tired but we think it’s because we’re not getting enough exercise…or maybe its age… or maybe its hormonal.
So we shrug our shoulders and refuel mid-day with coffee or sugar. But what ends up happening is that short term jolt masks the REAL reason we feel tired…and we never address it.
Today we’re talking about how you can get to the bottom of why you’re sluggish or foggy midway through your day…and what you can do about it.
- Discover why you are holding onto that afternoon coffee habit (2:07)
- How are you feeling today? Are you alert? Or sluggish? Can you tell the difference? (3:29)
- What most of us are doing wrong and how we can change this bad habit (4:00)
- The transformative process that will help you reset and rest up (5:55)
- Reconnect with how it feels to be well rested (7:11)
- Set a schedule that works for you (16:35)
- The belief that stops us from getting the rest we need (25:12)
Feel like you’re being pulled in a thousand directions? Then hop over to https://brilliantbalance.net/haveitall to download your free Rebalancing Toolkit. You’ll learn how to design an optimized week that lets you feel like you have it all.
You ready? Let’s be brilliant…
Start listening now!
I am a physician who is on call (meaning I have to respond to phone calls and sometimes go to the hospital for emergencies) every other night. How can I modify things to improve my sleep?
Danielle – Good question! I’d have to better understand the dynamics of your evening routine and your sleep patterns on the nights you’re NOT on call to answer this well…in short, you likely will need to optimize all “not on call” nights first and then make some adjustments to your bedtime during on call nights to get hours in before the interruptions come…