Episode #139 – Why you don’t think you’re good enough (Stress Watchout #4)
We all have default responses to stress. Whether it’s overeating, procrastinating, or mood swings, it can bring out the worst in your personality. You may also notice that stress sends your inner critic into overdrive.
In today’s episode, I discuss three reasons perfectionism seems comforting in stressful times, why it can hurt your relationships, and the steps you can take to overcome it.
Show highlights include:
- The harmful effect of stress on your inner monologue (5:18)
- The surprising reason you fall into perfectionism in times of stress (6:23)
- Why perfectionism gives you a false sense of security (11:30)
- How perfectionism destroys your relationship with others (12:43)
- The three-step process you can use to overcome perfectionism (14:46)
- Why striving for perfection limits personal growth (15:24)
Post on Instagram with #letsbebrilliant and tag @cskolnicki
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group:
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work:
Find out more about Brilliant Balance Breakthrough:
Leave a Comment